Construction Law Articles
- Article Index - Union Salting Issues
- Articles Index - Construction Articles
- Articles Index - Ohio Mechanic's Liens
- Asbestos Notification and Inspection Requirements for Demolition and Renovation Work.
- Child Labor Law restrictions on Construction Sites
- Claims on Performance and Payment Bonds in Ohio
- Contractor's Reliance on Plans and Specifications
- Economic waste and limitations of damages for construction defects
- Employer May Not Count Discretionary Payments to Employees as Prevailing Wage
- Enforcing an agreement to arbitrate
- Indemnification Clauses in Construction Contracts
- Insurers have an obligation to defend and indemnify resulting construction damages.
- Invoicing, Lien Waivers and Failure to Pay Invoices
- Lien Affidavit
- Limitations on Subcontractor Claims for Unjust Enrichment
- No Damage for Delay Clauses in Ohio
- Notice of Commencement
- Notice of Furnishing
- Ohio Appellate Court Finds $277,900 Liquidated Damages Award Unenforceable
- Ohio Supreme Court Upholds Liquidated Damages Provisions in Construction Contracts
- Ohio's Fairness in Contracting Law
- Presenting payment claims on Federal projects in Ohio (The Miller Act)
- Preserving and perfecting lien claims against Ohio oil and gas wells
- Prompt Payment Act Damages
- Schedule and Delay Clauses in Construction Contracts
- The Scope of Insurance Coverage for Defective Construction
Most Recent Articles
NLRB Declares Chipotle Company Policies Unlawful An Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) for the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) issued her ruling in the Chipotle case ...
Ohio Court of Appeals Upholds Arbitrator’s Authority When Arguably Construing or Applying Contract A recent ruling by the Ninth District Court of Appeals ruled that a trial court cannot vacate an arbitration award beca ...
Ohio Supreme Court Upholds Liquidated Damages Provisions in Construction Contracts The Ohio Supreme Court overturned the Fourth District Court of Appeals' holding that a $700 per day liquidated dama ...
2nd Circuit Agrees with NLRB; Facebook "like"s are Protected Activity In 2014 the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) issued its ruling in Triple Play Sports Bar . It decided that&n ...
NLRB Revises Joint-Employer Standard as Applied to Staffing Agencies In a recent decision, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) clarified its joint-employer standard, deciding that em ...